Friday, October 15, 2010

End of challenge day #17... AWAKE MY SOUL.

I am sure there are many facets to finding the joy I'm looking for. Where to start is a hard thing. Been pondering it for a few days now. I guess the only thing to really do is search it out. To continue to pray God will reveal it to me.

But something in the back of my mind keeps telling me, with my own little journey I've got going on here, that I should start with gratitude. A grateful heart for all things even the small ones that I sometimes take for granted. I am thankful for what I have been given. I just think that maybe I'm supposed to show it more.

I just want that spark to be lit, ya know? That one thing that gives my life purpose. That one thing I and ONLY I was meant to do? The reason God created me just as he did. That one thing that helps me to change the world...even if it's just a piece of the small world I live in. I'll try anything Lord. ANYTHING to fulfill my purpose.

A grateful heart comes first.

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire.

Hebrews 12:28

No comments: