Tuesday, October 12, 2010

End of challenge day #14...AWAKE MY SOUL.

Okay, so it's not actually the end of the day but when something hits you in the face it hits you in the face. Does it ever happen to you...those times when you keep hearing something over and over again? Or you read the same word on a sign or in a song? And it finally, after a few days or weeks, makes your ears perk up and you start to wonder what is it that God is trying to say?



Well, this afternoon I figured it out. I think.



JOY. One small three letter word. Who ever knew it could mean so much? I think that is what my soul has been missing. Not the kind of joy where you put a fake smile on and pretend that life is grand- but the kind that is way down deep in the gut. The joy that bubbles out and over and makes you want to let your light shine kind of joy. Oh, YES do I want that. Been missing for far too long. I actually am not sure if I ever had it to begin with.



The joy some experience with the everyday things in life. The ordinary or what I might call mundane or boring. I wonder how you get that kind of joy. I'm hoping God will show me soon because I want to FULLY live this one life I have been given.

No comments: