Sunday, January 23, 2011

The start of 1000 Gifts Book Club

Okay there are still a few that haven't signed up for a google account so they can leave comments. It's easy. Go down a couple of posts and there is directions for you there. You can also leave comments anonymously(just type your name at the end of your comment so we know who wrote it) if you'd rather do it that way instead of signing up with google. But, all you really need to sign up with google is a username (email address) and a password. Once you get signed up leave me a comment.

Let's start today ladies. I've been waiting to dive in! I say we read a chapter a week and I'll post something here about each chapter every Monday. Next Monday will be the first post on the book-not tomorrow. When I do that I'll leave a link on FB just like I did this one. Please do comment on the posts here about anything you were thinking about while reading it. You never know what might help someone else.

 Little things matter.

 So, grab those Bibles and the One Thousand Gifts and I'll leave you with these thoughts:

What Will Today Bring?



This is the beginning of a new day.

God has given me this day to use as I will.

I can waste it or use it for good.

What I do today is important, because I am

exchanging a day of my life for it.

When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever,

Leaving in its place something I traded for it.

I want it to be gain, not loss;

Good, not evil;

Success, not failure,

In order that I shall never regret the price I paid for it.

                                           ~Author Unknown

So....
I dare you to get your highlighters out.
I dare you to mark what jumps off the pages.
I dare you to fall to pieces here.
I dare you to pick yourself back up.
I dare you to let the world SEE who you are.
I dare you to be changed.
I dare you to tell the story only you can tell.

...because everyone has a story and your story might just save someone else's life.

In the midst of it all, may we find joy. It's time to love God in a whole new way.


Dear God,
Help us to SEE the world around us no matter how beautiful or ugly. And help us to give thanks for it all. In Jesus' name, Amen

No comments: