Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Looking for Restoration

Okay, I must confess....I AM A BACKSLIDER!

Here is the definition according to the web dictionary:

back·slide
–verb
1.
to relapse into bad habits, sinful behavior, or undesirable activities.

In order to fix the problem you have to first admit you have one, right? So, there we have it....it's all out in the open. I have sinned beyond measure. More than I could ever try to describe. It has left me lonely, out of breath, and feeling like I am worthless. I lost myself and who I am somewhere along my road.

I came to realize that my identity is in Christ. That I was made by Him...and for Him. I am on my way back to The One who saved me, which is where I will go every time I lose my way. How wonderful it is to know that God is waiting patiently.

Lord, I am claiming a verse today for myself so that I may feel the joy of your salvation again! If there is anyone out there who is feeling the same---open up those Bibles and read Psalms 51... and come back home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheri, I am so excited to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing what our Father is doing in your life! Miss you!
Karen C.