Thursday, July 7, 2011

What's next?

Thank God every morning when you get up, that you have something to do that day which must be done… ~Charles Kingsley

This is what I grasp for this morning...something that must be done. I find myself on most days spending my time searching for something that MUST be done besides laundry, dishes, or vacuuming. I mean isn't there something more important than this that I need to tend to?

I grasp for time passed, 4 or 5 years ago back to a time when we were all together. But time once laid down can not rise again. It is the one impossible. And I am struggling to find ways to fill my time so I live a life with no regret.

Time is the only infinite... but once gone, it's gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I understand where you're at emotionally as a mom. The past 3 years have been such a sad season for my family. My daughter (18) has made choices for herself that have broke my heart and she is far from the Lord. She is angry and seems to lash out at me the most. Sometimes I feel that the family I had dreamed of having is gone forever and that the last 3 years have stamped out any good or happy times we had. But I am prayerful that God can turn this "ugly beautiful" into something miraculous. I am trying to thank Him in the midst of all of this and hopeful that brighter days are ahead.