Wednesday, September 29, 2010

THE CHALLENGE: Awake My Soul

So if you are here I take it you've had that 200 pound backpack digging into your shoulders?

Well, the last year of my life has taken its toll. I feel tired and edgy like my soul has been in slumber for a very long time. A friend of mine had posted a song on facebook...



while watching it dawned on me how sleepy and heavy my soul has been. Almost as if I've just been going through the motions of being alive but am not really alive.


My comment to her about the video was the challenge of waking every morning for the next 30 days and asking God to awake my soul. I told her I knew my God well enough to know that He would be taking me on an adventure and that is just what I needed. How about you?

Starting today and for the next 30 days I am asking God to awake my soul. I am hoping to share something everyday here about how God is doing just that. I'll leave a link on FB for you. If you would like to join the challenge just leave a comment at the end of these posts about the way you're coming alive. I'm sure there will be some small things and some big. Anyway, I would love to hear from you.


In the words of my friend Leslie," Here's to new adventures and being awake...WIDE awake!"

If there is a real woman-even the trace of one-still there inside the grumbling, it can be brought to life again. If there's one wee spark under all those ashes, we'll blow it till the whole pile is red and clear. - C.S. Lewis




No comments: